Canon C300 Mark II Firmware Update v18.104.22.168.00
Canon released new Firmware Update for the C300 Mark II Cinema Camera
Today, Canon released the next firmware update version 22.214.171.124.00 which they announced earlier this year.
New features are a brand new Canon Log 3, ACESproxy recording method, fixes for the c-log2 noise behaviour, enhanced menu system, the black-hole-phenomenon and new lens control enhancements.
List of new Features and Fixes
- Adds Canon Log 3. (*1)
- Reduces Canon Log 2 noise in dark areas.
- Enables magnification to be used even during recording. (*2)
- The following features are enabled when these lenses are attached: CN7x17 KAS S/E1 (*3), CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S or CN20x50 IAS H/E1 (*3).
- Enables autofocus using the Dual Pixel CMOS AF function. (Not applicable to the CN20x50 IAS H/E1 lens)
- Enables the joystick on the camera’s grip unit to be set to operate the zoom.
- Enables control of iris to be set to manual operation, and control of focus, zoom and iris using the separately-sold Remote Controller RC-V100.
- Enables automatic aperture and push auto iris functions.
- Enables retrieval of metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance of the lens attached, and display of metadata on the camera
- CINE-SERVO lenses: CN20x50 IAS H/E1
- EF lenses: EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM and EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM.
*1 Gamma information will not be shown correctly in the metadata of clips filmed on the Canon Log3 Gamma setting included in Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 and above when using the bundled software application Canon XF Utility 3.0 or earlier. Therefore, we recommend our customers install Canon XF Utility 3.1. The installer for this application has already been released.
*2 “Face detection and tracking” and live view display using Browser Remote do not work when magnification during recording is On.
*3 The lens firmware also needs to be updated.
Canon XF Utility 3.1 for Windows
Canon XF Utility 3.1 for Mac OS X
– You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
– Firmware version 188.8.131.52.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C300 Mark II cameras running firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 – 220.127.116.11.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 18.104.22.168.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
– For further information, please refer to the latest version of the unit’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit’s Instruction Manual titled “Saving and Loading Camera Settings”.
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VLB4.FIM / file size: 42,663,968 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following things are required to perform this firmware update:
1. A Cinema EOS C300 Mark II / EOS C300 Mark II PL camera body
2. A computer (OS Requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1)
3. A 64 MB or higher-capacity SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
You must log in to post a comment.